CASUAL SAX

written by Barbara-Anne Puren

"This stage show is a little bit SEXY, it's very SASSY, it's a little bit NAUGHTY and it's very, very NICE.  with LOADS of GREAT MUSIC and a WONDERFUL LOVE STORY to boot!"

In this highly entertaining one-woman show, Barbara-Anne takes her audience on her journey of Cinderella Story day-dreaming girl, to divorced to internet dating, cleverly interweaving her narrative with songs and saxophone.  Using her wit, superb knack of story and joke telling along with her superb singing voice and sax playing, Barbara-Anne takes a light hearted look at the darker side of life and love that everyone of us has had to face while navigating the relationship highways and byways of the 21st Century.

What the press has to say:

"Even though Casual Sax may sound a bit on the raunchy side, Puren manages to discuss some serious life issues.  The balance of the show is about 80% of really good music - jazzy and blues standards that lend themselves so well to smoky vocals, and the remaining 20% funny, quirky and sometimes dark but humorous narratives"  The Citizen, October 2010

"Sexy, playful, unpretentious and charming, it's impossible not to become infatuated by Barbara-Anne Puren in her most recent and, at times, hard-hitting show"  The Sunday Tribune, August 2011